Friday, August 22, 2014

Redskins QB Mark Rypien of honor



Former Washington redskins quarterback Mark Rypien choked back tears, every day is full of contradictions, also represents the significance of his bad.16 years ago of that day of, he said, his voice broken, his three-year-old son, Andrew, died from a brain tumor. The ring of the members of the 46 Redskins reputation, apparently, does not relieve pain, is still evident. It does, however, add a small dose of positive memories. "Thank you for picking up from the bottom of my spirit," Rypien, the former super bowl MVP, tell the Redskins alumni welcome home for lunch. "I will always remember this day." Washington Rypien played quarterback from 1986 to 93, the 1991 season after the reds won the super bowl. That season, he threw 3564 yards, 28 touchdowns, only 11 interception, and only nine times be fired. "One person isn't going to carry a team, but it definitely was a great era and very humbled, very honored to be part of the names that are up there," Rypien said. "Going into the stadium and seeing all these names, I realize the magnitude of what this day is for me. Wow. This is great. When they hoist that name up there, there are 52 other guys who are just as deserving. I'm very fortunate to have played with that group of guys." Rypien said he'll be inducted on Oct. 19 when the Redskins host Tennessee. That weekend also will give him time to reminisce with former teammates, perhaps talking about their Super Bowl victory over Buffalo. It's a day that still carries great meaning for him. Rypien recalled how long that day was and remembers the practices being tougher than the games. "That Thursday practice where I twisted an ankle and didn't know if I would play Sunday, our practice was as intense as the game itself," he said. "It was a long day. I thought I was the only one up at 5 o'clock having a coffee and I go downstairs and there's 20 other players in our breakfast room in the hotel who couldn't sleep either." Rypien said about seven o 'clock, Lohmiller Chip and Erik Williams to go to the stadium to take a nap. In this way, he joked that they know they wouldn't miss this game if you fell asleep. Then he remembers the adrenaline and the first series of launching an attack. "I smoke in front of the two three," he said. "I came to see, and said, what is going on? (Jeff) Bostic said, say, don't worry, don't worry. We will wear. They also get the adrenaline. "He vote of confidence to help me, because I think if this game is like this, I don't know what it is.I want to do a three-step down, cut down. This is not the part of what has happened.I cracked a rib, the first series. "Super Bowl MVP, but he was eventually throw 292 yards and two touchdowns 37-24 victory. Now, his name will always be in the stadium. Announced the day one of the most painful memories left his emotions. "A humble, Rypien said. ""Very grateful people can do what we can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment